What is IFTTT?
IFTTT is a web-based service that offers you creative control over the products and apps you love. Piper is now compatible with IFTTT, allowing you to integrate your home security with other apps and home automation products including Phillips Hue, Amazon Echo, and Nest Thermostat. These simple, but powerful connections offer you new ways to protect your home, business, family, or pets.
How does it work with Piper?
IFTTT allows you to create Recipes with the simple statement its name represents— “If This Then That.” Channels are the basic building blocks of Recipes. Each Channel corresponds to an app or product and has its own “This” triggers and “That” actions. Choosing a “This” trigger and a “That” action creates your unique Recipe. A Channel may present a mix of “This” and “Thats.”
IFTTT also has a Do Button app that can be downloaded separately. It allows you to create a shortcut to the “That” actions, so with a single tap from your home screen on your mobile device you can change your security mode, receive a notification to arm Piper, or automate certain accessories. Other apps are available from IFTTT that involve similar simplified functionalities.
To create these Recipes, you first have to connect to the Piper Channel through IFTTT.
To learn more about IFTTT, visit ifttt.com.
Connecting to the Piper Channel
- Create an IFTTT account online at ifttt.com/join, or download the free IFTTT app from the App store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
- Login to your IFTTT account and begin to create a new Recipe. Scroll through or use the search bar to find the Piper Channel. Tap on it, then tap Connect.
- IFTTT will redirect you to your web browser to complete the Channel activation. Enter your Piper account email address and password and tap Submit. This will allow your Piper to connect with IFTTT and integrate with other Channels.
- Once returned to the IFTTT app, you will be presented with a list of popular Recipes which work well with Piper. You’ve now activated the Piper Channel! From here you can select these pre-made Recipes or create your own.
- Creating Recipes is easy! To find out more check out our tutorial video.